I managed to wake up early today in preparation of my exam tomorrow (and all week), who thinks 9am exams are a good thing?
I’m gonna go finish my Christmas Shopping today and get to the mall just as the stores open. I got two people left, and the one is SO DIFFICULT.
I WILL GET TO 400 HEXIPUFFS BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS, THIS IS MY GOAL. Even though that will be half of my blanket it is the recommended number. I remember when I started I wanted to finish it before Christmas, and if I can get to 400 puffs, I’m going to say mission accomplished.
Hexipuffs on a Sunday, but not a hexipuff Sunday sadly.
The puff on the right is the yarn before the join, nice jewel tones, the puff on the left, if after the join in the skien. I think I just prefer the darker purples.
I love this yarn though, had all the colours on my beekeeper’s quilt, blue, green, and purple! I was thinking about either making it the border of my quilt, or half replace the hexipuff family that I have that I don’t want to frog my socks, or maybe BOTH!
Also, TARDIS BLANKET -snuggle snuggle snuggle- I’ve spent all today in a onsie.
Sometimes I think, maybe knitting and crochet really are for old people and I should find something cooler to do with my spare time.
Other times, I pull on a new hat that I made with my own damn hands and designed to my own damn specifications, instead of getting charged too much by some corporation for something stained with sweatshop tears, and I think, fuck. that.
Also you cut down the travelling. Instead of the store bought company having to harvest the wool (or cotton), the it gets sent to another place to get spun, then to another area to get dyed, then to another area to get made into hat, then shipped to the warehouse, and shipped to the individual stores.
By making your own hat, you can cut the travel down by one or two.
- I was in the stock room and this is all I hear.
- Store Manager: Janine, Where are you!?
- Me: Stockroom.
- My store manager and the mini manager popped in and asked-
- Store Manager: Is the difference between white eggs and brown eggs, is that the white eggs or bleached?
- Mini Manager: Or is it a certain type of chicken?
- Me: I think it would be a combination of both, but I think it's mostly selective breeding because if you get wild eggs you can get blue, pink, brown, and white.
- Mini Manger: I'm googling it.
- A half out later (yes the cell reception is THAT bad at work) my Mini Manager comes walking at cash and I call-
- Me: What's the verdict?
- Mini Manager: Selective Breeding.